“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
Or, if it’s after 5pm… Make a
I found this DELICIOUS sounding recipe on BeautifulBooze.com. I couldn’t wait to try it out. So… I did.
- 1 ounce (30ml) aloe vera gel**
- 1.5 (45ml) your favorite vodka
- 1/2 cup ice
Mix all ingredients together in a cocktail shaker. Then strain out into a glass (I kept the ice in because I didn’t plan ahead so I did not have a chilled martini glass to sip from).
* A few notes about lemonade:
- For those of you would like to DIY, here is a simple and easy lemonade recipe.
- In France, limonade is similar to Sprite. I highly recommend it!
** A few notes about aloe gel:
- Aloe is now “all the rage” and it is easy to find aloe drinking gel in stores and online. Aloe is a plant and not a very tasty one. Depending on which brand you choose, the taste of you drink may vary so you may want to play around with the proportions if you have never consumed aloe before.
- If you have an aloe vera plant lying around your house, you can also make your own drinking gel. There are lots of instructions online. Here is one example.
- I use Forever Living Aloe Vera products because the company not only uses the highest quality ingredients but Forever Living also have strong ethical business practices and values that I respect. So much so, that I became a distributor of the products back in 2013. For my Martinis, I use either the unflavored Aloe Vera Gel or the Aloe Berry Nectar, which has apple and cranberry extract added.